Yard Waste Collection
Yard waste is defined by State law as grass clippings, sod without dirt, twigs (less than 2" diameter), leaves and other yard vegetation.
Yard Waste rules:
- Twigs must not protrude more than 12" above the container.
- Individual cans and bags cannot weigh more than 50 pounds each (a good idea to keep the lid on so the materials does not get wet)
- Brush greater than 2" in diameter should be set out the first Monday of the month for brush pick up.
- Twigs and small sticks should be placed out in a container or bag for yard waste pick up.
- No root balls, soil, stumps, tree trunks, large shrubs, rocks, or bushes
The City will continue to pick up brush (greater than 2" in diameter) the first Monday of each month from April through December. Leaf pickup by City crews will continue to happen in the fall.
Please do not place leaf piles at the curb April through September. We cannot pick them up.
For more information visit www.recyclemotion.org or call the City at 989-652-9901.
2023 MMWA Yard Waste Flyer