Fall Leaf Collection
The City collects leaves at the curb starting in mid October. Please limit the piles to leaves, garden and flower vegetation only. All soil must be removed from plant materials prior to being placed along the curb for pick-up.
In order to make the collection as efficient as possible, please abide by the following regulations:
- Limit piles to only leaves, garden and flower vegetation (remove all soil from the roots) can be placed along the curb. NO GRASS CLIPPINGS because they are too fine for this collection.
- All SOIL must be REMOVED from plant materials prior to being placed along the curb for pick-up.
- Remove all paper and other refuse material such as plastics from the leaves.
- Rake leaves into the street, at least 12 inches away from, but parallel to the curb. This will allow rain/storm water to properly run-off into catch basins.
- Leaf piles must not be over 18 inches in height and must be in a row. Leaf piles should be kept at least 25 feet from street intersections (corners).
**Due to limitations on the collection equipment, the DPW is unable to collect leaves on City streets that do not have curbs and gutters. Residents are asked to either use the Tuesday yard waste collection program or make drop-off arrangements with DPW Superindent Randy Braeutigam. If you have any questions, please contact the City Office at 652-9901.